Do you have The Right Stuff for The Crystal Maze LIVE Experience? We’re unique, interactive, and generally fantastic – and we hope you are, too. And with our Maze-themed intro completed, this page lists the current job vacancies for both London and Manchester Mazes.
Business Development Executive – Little Lion Entertainment
Location: Soho, London
Reporting to: Sales & Events Director
Working Hours: 40 hours (based in the office at least 4 days a week)
Little Lion is a fast-growing entertainment group, specialising in creating cutting-edge and memorable experience-led attractions. It pioneers game changing forms of theatre which create unique immersive experiences that bridge a gap between theatre and attractions where the audience is the star of the show.
Little Lion launched in 2016 and is the creator of The Crystal Maze LIVE Experiences. Since opening its first attraction in London through crowdfunding, it has continued to go from strength to strength with The Crystal Maze LIVE Experience Manchester opening in 2017, a new Flagship opening in Piccadilly Circus in April 2019 and the newly announced Tomb Raider Live Experience which has just opened in 2022.
Blending a love of nostalgia, with world class performance, award-winning game play and the unexpected, the business is looking to develop multiple sites and partnerships across the globe, exploiting a stable of unique IP to create new concepts and own multiple brands. Little Lion is a fast-growing business with an ambitious team and are looking to maintain the ongoing growth with the support of a Finance Assistant to support the team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to contribute to the growth of our company. As a business development executive, you will be responsible for finding and retaining clients, encouraging clients to purchase added products or features, and remaining well-informed of changes in consumer patterns.
To be successful as a business development executive, you should attend networking events with the intention of attracting and retaining clientele. Ultimately, an outstanding business development executive will keep a close eye on clients’ feedback to ensure that our products and services always exceed expectations.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
Your key responsibilities are:
- Familiarizing yourself with all products and services offered by our company
- Procuring new clients through direct contact, word-of-mouth, and collaboration with the marketing department
- Attending networking activities to research and connect with prospective clients
- Maintaining meaningful relationships with existing clients to ensure that they are retained
- Suggesting upgrades or added products and services that may be of interest to clients
- Crafting business proposals and contracts to draw in more revenue from clients
- Negotiating with clients to secure the most attractive packages
- Reviewing clients’ feedback and implementing necessary changes
- Remaining in tune with trends in consumption to ensure that our offerings remain relevant
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience within a B2B sales environment
- Ability to tailor a sales solution for the client, based on their requirements and the event space we have available
- Excellent customer service experience, ideally gained within a corporate/B2B environment
- Experience of working within an Events Sales office will be advantageous as would event operation experience.
- Solid administrative skills and experience
- Well organised with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, confident & well spoken with an excellent telephone manner
- Intuitive and insightful
- Ability to generate revenue by identifying pain points and suggesting suitable products or services
- Great networking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Resourceful, with outstanding research skills
- A full working knowledge of MS Office
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Bar and Events Shift Leader – Little Lion Entertainment
Location: Multiple Sites, London
Reporting to: Assistant Bar and Events Manager (directly), Head of Hospitality (indirectly)
Working Hours: 5 days per week on a rota basis, including evenings and weekends
Pay: £11.50 per hour, plus service charge
Little Lion Entertainment, is a fast-growing entertainment group, specialising in creating cutting-edge and memorable experience-led attractions. We are looking for a Bar and Events Shift Leader to join our team across our London sites: The Crystal Maze Live Experience in Piccadilly and Tomb Raider: The Live Experience in Camden.
As Bar and Events Shift Leader, you will manage the day to day running of our food and beverage locations, leading by example to deliver best in class hospitality to customers visiting our attractions. Whether it is a quick drink in one of our bars after diving into the world of Tomb Raider, or an all-day event as part of our corporate events packages, your passion will ensure an exceptional experience from start to finish.
You’ll be responsible for a team of Bar and Events Hosts throughout the day, preparing and delivering our prebooked events and public bar service. You will act as the on-site lead of all food and beverage queries, creating an exceptional rapport with our wider Operations team and external Catering partner. Daily, your focus will be the on the floor delivery, working alongside the wider management team to deliver training and revenue generating initiatives.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Previous supervisory experience in a high-volume environment, ideally in a restaurant, bar or venue
- Ensure the highest possible standards of guest service, presentation and health and safety in the food and beverage locations
- The confidence to manage any issues that arise, dealing with problems in a courteous and efficient manner
- An awareness and experience in conducting reviews, inductions, appraisals, and interviews to help develop the leaders of the future
This role is a 12-month fixed term contract, based upon working a guaranteed minimum of 25 hours per week at £11.50 per hour (plus service charge). Shifts are provided on a rota basis, working full time, five days per week. Our attractions are open daily, so working hours are anything from 8am to midnight. A positive and flexible approach to work (weekend, evening and night-time work) will be required. Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Due to the nature of this role, we can only accept applicants aged 18 and over.
Duty Manager – Little Lion Entertainment
Location: Piccadilly Circus, London
Reporting to this position: Hosts (Indirect)
Reporting to: General Manager
Working Hours: 40 hours – Hours/days will vary based on business demand
As a Duty Manager at Crystal Maze London, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the attraction. You will be an ambassador for the business, attraction lead for the attraction and support all on the ground teams to deliver our unique experience. This includes opening and closing the attraction, welfare of guests and operational team, health & safety and reporting. You will be the key lead on site for driving standards, service and procedures.
We are looking for a fun and dynamic individual to motivate and work as part of the operational team. Due to the varied nature of our Live Attraction, you will be required to have a high level of flexibility to suit the needs and operating hours of the business. You must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, weekends, and bank holidays.
- Lead, manage and motivate the attraction teams daily to deliver a world class experience to all guests while ensuring revenue is maximised.
- Taking accountability for the smooth, efficient, and productive running of the attraction, delivering world class standards across all guest touchpoints.
- Maintain the smooth, efficient, and productive running of the attraction along with fellow Operation Managers and Show Callers ensuring the correct power up/down of games.
- Think on your feet to address and rectify on the spot issues that impact the operation.
- Oversee all operational aspects of the venue and troubleshoot problems as they arise, creating proactive and efficient ways of working.
- Oversee strong operational efficiency that enables the attraction to maximise its sales.
- Motivate and encourage the attraction team to exceed daily commercial targets across the bar, merchandise and photography while maintaining operational efficiency.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the control of stock and all company equipment, mitigating any loss and ensuring tight controls are implemented.
- Contribute new sales and operational recommendations to the General Manager based on your analysis of the performance of the attraction at given times/seasons.
- Utilise the attraction team to ensure staffing is optimised to get the most of those working on any given day.
- Manager a diverse team of direct reports, motivating and inspiring them to perform at their best.
- Provide on the spot coaching to team members, ensuring they are able to work at their best.
- Inspire teamwork, communication, and collaboration to ensure a healthy working environment for all.
- Champion and support Little Lion Entertainment’s mental health priorities.
- Support the management in delivering the recruitment practices which allow the team to build and retain a solid, professional team.
- Champion Guest Excellence across everything, from procedures to face-to-face interaction, acting as a role model to the team, ensuring every guest leaves the attraction as an advocate.
- Act as primary point of escalation for any guest issues or complaints, ensuring they are effectively resolved.
- Monitor guests scores, taking action if necessary, to ensure all areas of the attraction are delivering the highest levels of guest experience.
- Work closely with the cleaning contractor to ensure attraction and toilet standards are at their highest, taking action where and when necessary.
- Develop the team so that their daily working duties contribute to the attractions overall KPI target scores.
Health, Safety and Security
- Communicating and championing health and safety best practice throughout the establishment.
- Where required, ensuring all relevant risk assessments & training has been carried out ensuring the safety of people.
- Set a H&S culture, ensuring near misses and accidents are effectively logged and issues rectified.
- Assist the General Manager with risk mitigation strategies across the business.
- Conduct all essential daily checks, ensuring they are effectively documented and issues rectified.
- Taking on the role of First Aider and Duty Manager on a rota basis.
- Supporting the General Manager as required.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and releases, sharing these with the wider team.
- Strengthen team dynamics and fosters strong relationships across the business.
- Show attention to detail in the review and preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports submitted to the General Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Experience within live Theatre or an attraction conducting operational responsibilities
- A proactive approach and can-do attitude
- Be hardworking, flexible, and able to adapt to different styles of working
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organised and efficient
Maze Host – London
We are looking for fun, dynamic, and friendly personalities to join our Operations team. You will be self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team.
You must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events. You will adopt an enthusiastic, assertive, and passionate approach to Guest Service at all times. You will be passionate about the product and have a keen eye for detail
- Guiding the guests through their entry process and the start of their journey before they meet their maze master
- Resetting the games inside the maze
- Supporting your Maze master and fellow Hosts throughout their journey
- Ensuring all health and safety protocol has been followed
- Adhere to all risk assessments
- General housekeeping throughout the maze and Front of house areas
- Providing first aid assistance where required.
- Ensure our shop is managed while still delivering an excellent guest experience.
- Ensure all public areas have well stocked displays and point of sale, ready for the attraction
- Opening and that the areas are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy manner throughout the day.
- To follow opening and closing procedures as detailed in the department’s operating plan.
- Responsibility to ensure compliance of all company policy & procedures.
- Self-motivated and works well in a team
- Live Theatre or Attraction experience is desirable but not required.
- Passion for delivering great customer service
Please note that these roles are offered on a freelance basis at a rate of £9 per hour. There are many shifts available and we are recruiting for these roles on an ongoing basis, with immediate start dates. In the first instance, please send your CV’s to [email protected]