Duty Manager – Little Lion Entertainment
Location: Piccadilly Circus, London
Reporting to this position: Hosts (Indirect)
Reporting to: Attraction Manager
Working Hours: 40 hours – Hours/days will vary based on business demand
As a Duty Manager at Crystal Maze London, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the attraction. You will be an ambassador for the business, attraction lead for the attraction and support all on the ground teams to deliver our unique experience. This includes opening and closing the attraction, welfare of guests and operational team, health & safety and reporting. You will be the key lead on site for driving standards, service and procedures.
We are looking for a fun and dynamic individual to motivate and work as part of the operational team. Due to the varied nature of our Live Attraction, you will be required to have a high level of flexibility to suit the needs and operating hours of the business. You must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, weekends, and bank holidays.
- Lead, manage and motivate the attraction teams daily to deliver a world class experience to all guests while ensuring revenue is maximised.
- Taking accountability for the smooth, efficient, and productive running of the attraction, delivering world class standards across all guest touchpoints.
- Maintain the smooth, efficient, and productive running of the attraction along with fellow Operation Managers and Show Callers ensuring the correct power up/down of games.
- Think on your feet to address and rectify on the spot issues that impact the operation.
- Oversee all operational aspects of the venue and troubleshoot problems as they arise, creating proactive and efficient ways of working.
- Oversee strong operational efficiency that enables the attraction to maximise its sales.
- Motivate and encourage the attraction team to exceed daily commercial targets across the bar, merchandise and photography while maintaining operational efficiency.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the control of stock and all company equipment, mitigating any loss and ensuring tight controls are implemented.
- Contribute new sales and operational recommendations to the General Manager based on your analysis of the performance of the attraction at given times/seasons.
- Utilise the attraction team to ensure staffing is optimised to get the most of those working on any given day.
- Manager a diverse team of direct reports, motivating and inspiring them to perform at their best.
- Provide on the spot coaching to team members, ensuring they are able to work at their best.
- Inspire teamwork, communication, and collaboration to ensure a healthy working environment for all.
- Champion and support Little Lion Entertainment’s mental health priorities.
- Support the management in delivering the recruitment practices which allow the team to build and retain a solid, professional team.
- Champion Guest Excellence across everything, from procedures to face-to-face interaction, acting as a role model to the team, ensuring every guest leaves the attraction as an advocate.
- Act as primary point of escalation for any guest issues or complaints, ensuring they are effectively resolved.
- Monitor guests scores, taking action if necessary, to ensure all areas of the attraction are delivering the highest levels of guest experience.
- Work closely with the cleaning contractor to ensure attraction and toilet standards are at their highest, taking action where and when necessary.
- Develop the team so that their daily working duties contribute to the attractions overall KPI target scores.
Health, Safety and Security
- Communicating and championing health and safety best practice throughout the establishment.
- Where required, ensuring all relevant risk assessments & training has been carried out ensuring the safety of people.
- Set a H&S culture, ensuring near misses and accidents are effectively logged and issues rectified.
- Assist the General Manager with risk mitigation strategies across the business.
- Conduct all essential daily checks, ensuring they are effectively documented and issues rectified.
- Taking on the role of First Aider and Duty Manager on a rota basis.
- Supporting the General Manager as required.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and releases, sharing these with the wider team.
- Strengthen team dynamics and fosters strong relationships across the business.
- Show attention to detail in the review and preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports submitted to the General Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Experience within live Theatre or an attraction conducting operational responsibilities
- A proactive approach and can-do attitude
- Be hardworking, flexible, and able to adapt to different styles of working
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organised and efficient
Please send your CV to [email protected] to apply