Do you have The Right Stuff for The Crystal Maze LIVE Experience? We’re unique, interactive, and generally fantastic – and we hope you are, too. And with our Maze-themed intro completed, this page lists the current job vacancies for both London and Manchester Mazes.
Maze Master – London
Reprise the role of Richard O’Brien and become a member of a new generation of Crystal Maze Masters. In this immersive experience based on the popular 90s game show, each Maze Master guides a team of eight audience members through four adventure time zones – Aztec, Futuristic, Industrial and Medieval. The Maze Master must advise and adjudicate as their team takes on challenges that test their mental and physical skills.
Our Maze Masters need to be witty, charismatic, lovable, fair and able to think on their feet and facilitate the audience experience in an ever-changing environment. No two performances are ever the same. Previous experience in immersive or interactive theatre is essential. We are looking for incredibly confident performers with excellent comic timing, excellent improvisers, game-play adjudication and those who can deal with adults behaving like children (wink-wink-smiley-face). This role is for Saturday and Sunday performances so flexible availability is required.
If selected for the audition, it is very important you give some imaginative thought to the character you will be creating. We will be working with each actor to draw out and create a new Maze Master persona, but the more you can bring to the table earlier, the fuller your character will be. Where are they from? How do they dress? How would you describe them in a few words? The world of The Crystal Maze is one of fun and irreverence, but the characters you create have to be grounded in reality and you must be able to sustain and develop them over the course of the run.
We are recruiting on an ongoing basis for Maze Masters. Please send CV and headshot to [email protected]
Maze Host – London
We are looking for fun, dynamic, and friendly personalities to join our Operationsteam. You will be self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team.
You must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events. You will adopt an enthusiastic, assertive, and passionate approach to Guest Service at all times. You will be passionate about the product and have a keen eye for detail
- Guiding the guests through their entry process and the start of their journey before they meet their maze master
- Resetting the games inside the maze
- Supporting your Maze master and fellow Hosts throughout their journey
- Ensuring all health and safety protocol has been followed
- Adhere to all risk assessments
- General housekeeping throughout the maze and Front of house areas
- Providing first aid assistance where required.
- Ensure our shop is managed while still delivering an excellent guest experience.
- Ensure all public areas have well stocked displays and point of sale, ready for the attraction
- Opening and that the areas are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy manner throughout the day.
- To follow opening and closing procedures as detailed in the department’s operating plan.
- Responsibility to ensure compliance of all company policy & procedures.
- Self-motivated and works well in a team
- Live Theatre or Attraction experience is desirable but not required.
- Passion for delivering great customer service
Please note that these roles are offered on a freelance basis at a rate of £9 per hour. There are many shifts available and we are recruiting for these roles on an ongoing basis, with immediate start dates. In the first instance, please send your CV’s to [email protected]